Most operators are unaware of the importance of FSSAI License renewal on par with obtaining an FSSAI License. An FSSAI License must be renewed throughout its current period of validity. Any food entrepreneur who wants to launch a company in the food industry, including food manufacturing, packaging, or distribution, must apply for FSSAI Renewal.
Businesses can now apply for licenses online thanks to FSSAI’s introduction of the Food Licensing and Registration System (FLRS). For the issuance of licenses and entitlements, five Regional Offices use the FLRS. New Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Mumbai, Kerala, and Chennai are among them.
What is FSSAI License?
For a food product firm to operate, a food license registration certificate is necessary. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) requires registration before you can manufacture, distribute, or transport food items. The Government of India’s Ministry of Health & Family Welfare founded the FSSAI. Under the provisions of the 2006 Food Safety and Standards Act, the FSSAI was created. The FSSAI License and Certificate are identical, guaranteeing the quality, purity, and other crucial elements that clients can rely on.
Different types of FSSAI License Renewal
Renewal of a Basic FSSAI License
For all food business operators with basic registration and revenue of fewer than 12 Lakhs, a basic FSSAI license renewal is required.
Renewal of State FSSAI License
All food industry operators whose Turnover is between Rs. 12lakh and Rs. 20 crores are eligible for the State FSSAI license renewal. The eligibility of the food business and the length of the license determine the FSSAI License renewal charge.
Renewal of the Central FSSAI License
A food industry operator is granted an FSSAI Central License if their annual revenue exceeds Rs. 20 crores. Additionally, they must obtain a Central FSSAI License Renewal before their validity expires.
Who is required to renew their food license?
Many operators of food businesses require an FSSAI renewal license. Hotels, manufacturing, procurement, distribution, processing, packaging, storage, wholesalers, restaurants, food chains, food sellers and resellers, processing food businesses like pickle and dry fruit makers, dairy and dairy processing, raw material suppliers used by food businesses, food importers and exporters, transporters who move food items from one place to another, retailers & establishments with a retail food outlet, retailers who have a retail food outlet, corporations’ canteens, and so on are a few of them.
Having an FSSAI renewal license has advantages.
- The idea of a food license was developed to raise the quality and hygienic standards of food items as well as to help them meet the standards set by international organizations.
- Through a single access point, it gives the laws to the FBOs and the department regulates.
- Customers will feel more secure and confident knowing that a brand or company is registered with the FSSAI, and the general public will feel more at ease and develop faith in food products with the FSSAI license number and emblem.
- The main benefit of getting the FSSAI renewal is the legal benefit since the license application process involves a number of inspections and examinations. The food license will thereafter only be approved by the authority.
A food business operator must submit the necessary paperwork to request a renewal of their FSSAI license.
To Register a Basic Account
- FBOs are asked to submit Form A with any supporting papers and sign it.
- A Pan Card, driver’s license, voter ID card, passport, Aadhaar card, or senior citizen card serve as identity documents.
- Two passport-sized pictures of the applicant, together with any necessary NOCs from the municipality, panchayat, health department, etc.
- If there is one, the lease.
For Central or State FSSAI License
- Properly finished and signed Form B
- Proprietor/Partner/Director(s)/Authorized Signatory identification must include a photo and proof of address.
- The food processing plant’s floor plan.
- List of Directors, each with their full postal address, telephone number, and photo ID for the individuals listed above
- Food category list (for manufacturers)
- A letter of representation from the manufacturer, an official NOC from the municipality, or another local entity
- Name and quantity of equipment for the production and processing unit, according to installed horsepower and capacity
- A copy of the MOA and AOA, or a partnership deed or an affidavit of proprietorship, if a company.
- Indicate where the raw materials for the meat processing plant, milk, and milk-related products come from, as well as the location of the milk collection facility, if relevant.
- For the packaging of goods like minerals, fizzy beverages, etc., the Ministry of Tourism gave a pesticide residue report of water for the hotel industry certificate.
- Certificate for 100% EOU (in the case of a central license) IEC from the Ministry of Commerce Registration papers produced by the DGFT (in the case of a Central License)
- Supporting records that serve as turnover proof (in the case of a central license).
- The report on the analysis of the water to be used in food (in the case of Central License)
- Proof of ownership is required (Electricity bill, sales deed, etc.) In the event of a Central License
- A rejected check.
What is the procedure for renewing an FSSAI license?
- FSSAI license renewal procedures can be completed offline or online.
FSSAI License Renewal Process Online
The simplest way to renew a food license is online. A necessary step must be followed by the owner of a food business in order to renew their FSSAI license online. An applicant will acquire the license in 30 to 60 days after following the procedure.
An applicant must generate a user ID and password in order to apply online. Use the user ID and password to apply. Additionally, it’s crucial to upload all the required paperwork. A reference number for the application will be sent to the applicant when it has been submitted successfully. A reference number is useful for tracking the progress of a food license renewal application.
It should be noted that the user ID created for the FSSAI renewal license is only good for 30 days. Therefore, an applicant must ensure that the required documents are finished within 30 days.
FSSAI License Renewal Offline Process
The FSSAI renewal process is also available offline. There are a few actions to take in the case of an offline application as well:
Step 1: The FSSAI License is renewed by submitting Forms A, B, and C based on the eligibility of the food industry.
Form B is used to renew a state or central license, while Form A is used to renew a license for Basic Food.
Step 2: A self-attested declaration is expected to adhere to the Food Safety and Standards Act’s rules (FSSA).
Step 3: The authority will examine the application and inspect the functioning facilities for the food business. The authorities will inspect the FSSAI renewal license application once it has been completed. The authority may also designate one of its accountable officers to oversee the FBOs’ inspection.
Step 4: the application and inspection report will be forwarded if the food inspection officer is pleased with the Food Business Operator’s compliance and requirements.
Step 5: The government would give FSSAI Renewal License in about 60 days. If the license is not issued within 60 days after submission, the owner of a food business may continue operating without renewing.
Your task will be finished quickly and effectively thanks to the guidance and assistance of our experts while you renew your FSSAI license. Please feel free to contact our knowledgeable and skilled tax consultants at phoenixtax with any questions you may have about renewing your FSSAI license and food license registration in Chennai or other relevant services. Call us, and our team of professionals will get your project done while promptly updating you on the progress.