ISO stands for International Organisation for Standardisation. It is an independent organization that has standards in terms of quality, safety, and potency of products and services provided by businesses. With the increasing competition among the business, it’s vital to deliver top quality of products & services so as to sustain within the market. ISO certification helps to enhance your business quality as well as the overall potency of the business.
ISO develops International Standards, like ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, however, they’re not concerned with the ISO certification and don’t issue ISO certificates. In this article, we’ll scrutinize the ISO Certification method widely.
The objective of ISO certification
The aim of obtaining ISO certification is to advance the development of standardization within the technology of an organization says Phoenix Tax- Tax Consultant in Chennai.
Advantages of ISO Certification
- International believability: ISO Certification plays an important role in serving the organization to make credibility in overseas business.
- Customer Satisfaction: ISO standards are meant to form organizations to serve their customers in a very higher approach that will at the same time increase customers’ satisfaction.
- Government Tenders: ISO Certification is kind of essential to bid for presidency Tenders.
- Business Efficiency: Operational efficiency of organizations is improved by getting ISO Certification. SOP (Standard Operational Procedures) and work directions may be developed with the assistance of the ISO Certification Agency. Implementation of ISO in an organization manages the resources with efficiency.
- Product Quality: By getting ISO Certification, the product quality matches up to the international standards, which will cut short the risk of product order rejections that will occur due to the blemished products.
- Marketability: ISO Certification improves the business believability, and it helps the business selling directly.
Applicable Fee for ISO Certification
The fee for ISO certification in Tambaram, Chennai varies from organization to organization. The ISO certification body can reason the fee for ISO certification by considering the below mentioned different parameters:
- Size of an organization
- Number of workers
- Processes of organization
- Level of risk related to the services of the organization
- The complexness of the management system
- The number of operating shifts
ISO Certification processing period
ISO certification interval conjointly varies from organization to organization. The ISO certification body will give notice of the interval for completion of ISO certification once assessing the scale of an organization. Generally, the time needed to complete the method of ISO certification in Tambaram, Chennai is approximate :
- Small organizations: 6-8 months
- Medium organizations: 8-12 months
- Large organization: 12-15 months
Pre-Requisite to ISO Certification
Choosing the ISO Certification type
First of all, you need to decide on the type of ISO certification needed for your business. There are numerous varieties of ISO certification offered like :
- ISO 9001 2008 – Quality Management
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management
- ISO 27001 – Data Security Management
- ISO 22008 – Food Safety Management
- ISO 9001:2008- Quality Management System
- ISO 37001 – Anti-bribery management systems
- ISO 31000 – Risk Management
- ISO 10002 – Compliant Management System
- ISO 14001:2015 – Surroundings Management System
- ISO 26000 – Social Responsibility
- ISO 28000 – Security Management
- ISO 22008 – Food Safety Management
- SA 8000 – Social answerableness
- EnMS linear unit 16001 ISO 50001 – Energy Management
- SO/IEC 17025 – Testing and standardization laboratories
- SO 13485 – Medical devices
- ISO 639 – Language codes
- ISO 4217 – Currency codes
- ISO 3166 – Country codes
- ISO 8601 – Date and time format
- ISO 20121 – Property Events
- SO/IEC 27001 – data security management
Choosing an ISO Certification Body
It should be noted that ISO itself doesn’t give certification to the businesses. Certification is finished by the external bodies. It is important that you opt for a recognized and credible certification body. When selecting the ISO registrar, you must keep the subsequent points in mind:
Evaluate many ISO Certification service suppliers.
Check if they’re following the CASCO standards. CASCO is that the ISO committee that works on problems with reference to conformity assessment.
Check whether or not it’s licensed or not. Certification isn’t required however they need to meet the wants of ISO certification bodies.
Process for ISO Certification in Chennai
Create an application /contract
The entrepreneur and also the registrar ought to agree on a contract. This contract typically defines the rights and obligations of each party and includes liability problems, confidentiality, and access rights.
Quality Documents Review
The ISO auditor can read all of your quality manuals and documents associated with numerous policies and procedures being followed within the organization. Review of existing work can facilitate the ISO auditor to spot the doable gaps against the wants stipulated within the ISO standards.
Make an action set up
After the ISO auditor spots the gaps present in your organization, you must prepare an action plan to eliminate these gaps. Prepare the list of the desired tasks to be performed to bring the specified changes to your organization. You will be needed to administer coaching to your workers to figure with efficiency whereas adapting to new procedures. Create awareness to all the workers about the ISO standards in terms of labor potency and quality standards.
Initial Certification Audit
The initial certification audit is split into 2 categories- Stage one and Stage two.
Stage 1: The ISO auditor can audit the changes created by you within the organization. They will then try and establish the doable non-conformities in your systems and procedures to the specified quality management system. They will divide these non-conformities into minor and major non-conformities. The entrepreneur should assess these non-conformities and find them aligned as per the specified quality standards through modification within the techniques and processes employed by the organization.
Stage 2: After doing the appropriate changes in the organization, the ISO auditor will do the final auditing. The auditor can check whether or not all the non-conformities are eliminated or not as per ISO quality standards. If the ISO auditor is glad, they will prepare the final ISO audit report and forward it to the registrar.
Completing the ISO Certification in Chennai
After all, the non-conformities are addressed and all the findings are placed within the ISO audit report, the registrar can grant you the ISO certification.
Surveillance audit is largely conducted to make sure that ISO quality standards are being maintained by the organization. It is conducted from time to time as informed by a Tax Consultant in Chennai.