TAN is the acronym of Tax deduction and Collection Account Number. It is a ten-digit character set code issued by the IT Department and is employed as a novel symbol of a tax deductor/collector. As per section 203A of the Income Tax Act 1961, it’s obligatory to quote TAN altogether communications with the IT Department concerning TDS. Section 203A has additionally provisioned for a penalty of Rs 10,000 just in case the assessee fails to get the TAN range or quotes incorrect TAN range whereas filing TDS come. Therefore, each assessee who is vulnerable to deduct TDS and deposit it with the government should acquire a TAN range. The Phoenix tax consultant in Tambaram, Chennai gives you a detailed guide on the TAN registration process
Types of TAN Applications
There are 2 sorts of TAN applications:
- Application for issuing of recent TAN (Form 49B)
This form ought to be used once the deductor has ne’er applied for a TAN or doesn’t have a TAN.
- For TAN assignedForm for amendment or Correction in TAN information
How to Apply for TAN
You can apply for TAN offline moreover as online. The subsequent are the key steps you must follow to get your TAN number online:
- Log on to the Tax data Network web site of NSDL
- Click on ‘Services’ option so click on ‘TAN’.
- Now, click on ‘Apply Online’ option within the left-hand bar so choose ‘New TAN’ from the menu.
- You will be required to fill in form 49B. Please enter the specified details and click on on ‘Submit’ option.
- After submitting the main points, you may be directed to the payment page. AN amount of Rs.62 must be paid to the TAN application. You can pay it on-line with your debit/credit card or internet banking. Else, you can use a demand draft or challan.
- After choosing the payment possibility, you may see an acknowledgement screen that displays the subsequent information:
- fourteen digit acknowledgement range
- standing of the applying
- Name of the individual
- Contact details (address, email and phone number)
- Payment Details
- Column for Signature
- upon applying fee on-line, you have successfully submitted the TAN application. In case, you have got selected offline mode of payment (DD/Challan), then the punctually signed acknowledgement receipt together with the DD/Challan ought to be sent to the NSDL workplace.
- Otherwise, you can transfer form 49B on-line and fill within the needed details as per the instruction sheet and send it to the NSDL workplace together with the DD/Challan so as to use for a brand new TAN on-line.
Note: you can contact TIN support table at NSDL just in case of the other queries concerning the TAN range.
In case, you had obtained a TAN range within the past however don’t recollect it currently, you can realize it on-line exploiting the “Know Your TAN” facility provided by the Income-tax department. Here’s the way to use it:
- Go to the revenue enhancement Bharat e-filing website. Click on the ‘Know Your TAN’ option within the left-hand bar.
- Select the class of Deductor i.e. company/branch/individual and enter the specified details like your name (as mentioned on TAN), mobile range, state and class of deductor, then click on ‘Continue’.
- Your TAN number is going to be sent to your registered mobile range as provided by you at the time of signup of your TAN.
Benefit of a TAN card
In India, a TAN could be a ten digit alphanumeric number issued to persons who are needed to deduct or collect tax on payments created by them below the Indian tax Act, 1961. The amount is employed altogether TDS/TCS returns, TDS/TCS payment challans and every one TDS/TCS Certificates.
Time duration for issuing TAN card
TAN card gets delivered typically at intervals 7-15 business days. The choice entirely depends upon the issuance Authority of the Govt of Republic of India. Tax Consultants in Tambaram, Chennai shall give you the pursuit details once application is submitted.
It is necessary for all assessees to quote TAN United Nations agency ar needed to deduct TDS on payments created. The TAN range must be quoted altogether the communications with the tax department failing which can attract a penalty of Rs. 10,000/-. The banks conjointly don’t entertain TDS payments and TDS returns if the TAN range isn’t quoted.
You would not need a separate TAN for the aim of aggregation at supply (TCS) TAN that was assigned for tax write-off at supply (TDS) may be used for the aim of TCS. However, if no TAN has been assigned, apply for TAN registration.
Validity of TAN
A TAN is issued with period validity and doesn’t have to be compelled to be revived. However, if there are changes within the details submitted throughout the appliance for TAN registration, constants got to be communicated to the Tax Department.
Who must Apply for TAN?
All people who are needed to deduct or collect tax at supply on behalf of the revenue enhancement department ought to apply and procure the 10-digit alphanumeric TAN.
Where am I able to Get Physical Application Forms to use For TAN ?
The application form i.e. type 49B can be obtained from any of the TIN facilitation centres or will be merely downloaded by visiting web.tin-nsdl.com/index.html
- Legal document any
- Passport Size photo
- Address proof of registered workplace
- PAN of the corporate
- TAN form
Points to ponder
- Applicants if they require to, will track the status of their TAN using the 14-digit acknowledgement number on the site whenever necessary.
- The tan variety is given by the taxation Department to any or all those who apply on-line.
- The application can not be created on-line. individuals who want to accumulate TAN ought to fill the shape on-line solely.
- Form 49B may be stuffed on a serial printer however, the spellings ought to be correct with capital letters.
- The fees for application is Rs.63/- solely (Rs.55/- application charge + V-J Day Service Tax).
- Applicants creating credit card/debit card payment will be charged an extra surcharge of Rs.5.00 + service tax by the bank providing payment entrance facility.
- Applicants creating payment through web Banking facility will be charged an extra surcharge of Rs.4.00 + service tax for payment entrance facility.
- Persons authorised to create credit card/debit card / web banking payment for different classes ar as below:
A person will apply only for one TAN. If you apply for a brand new registration of TAN, then you need to surrender your recent TAN before a brand new one is issued. Submitting an application for quite one TAN is prohibited as per the provisions of the act.